ZabetReading

Reading Between Classes

A unique perspective on YA Literature from a junior high teacher.

Unbreakable
Kami Garcia
Etiquette & Espionage
Gail Carriger
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Marissa Meyer, Rebecca Soler

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)

Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater When I say I hated Shiver, what I actually mean is I loathed Shiver. Had I bought the book instead of the ebook, I would have burned it. As it was, I felt I should do a system restore on my reader in order to cleanse it from the stench of mediocrity.I have serious issues with teenage LUV (not to be confused with love) at first sight especially when it is followed by a storyline riddled with tortured romance. I also couldn't, for the life of me, figure out WHY Sam and Grace loved each other, Lord knows I hated them. Grace was flat and irritating. Sam, on the other hand, was a chick in wolf's clothing. No guy talks/thinks like that. None. Ever. Speaking of talking, I work with teenagers, Stiefvater might have tried listening to some real teenagers before she tried to write about them. The plot was slow going at best and ground to a standstill whenever Sam started to get cold and/or had to go outside, and/or breathed. And a final note - song lyrics, and poetry. SERIOUSLY? Leave it to the professionals, or at least the talented.